The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Interview with David Ho

1)First of all,..can you present yourself..?
1)David Ho. I’m a Virgo born in the year of the rooster. I live in the US

2)Do you think of yourself as an artist,or what?
2)Yes I consider myself an artist. Nothing else I do all that well.

3)What is creativity?
3)To me, I think people have creativity or they don’t. I think I’s an inborn trait. Creativity is what can inspire an artist...



4)Does your environment influence your art,either in style/format or interference?
4)I dont think so. I live in a fairly suburban place, all my art comes from inside.


5)What are some of your influences and inspirations?
5)I get inspired by mostly movies. I love watching special effects. the artists who create those visual effects are truly talented.

6)What’s your favourite mediums(pen,charcoal,paint,canvas,etc…)to work in/on?
6)Currently I work digitally


7)Who are some of your favourite painters/artists?
7)Odd Nerdrum, Dave McKean, Mark Ryden, John Jude Palencar,



8)How long does it normally take you to complete a piece of your artwork?
8)Usually one to 2 weeks.


9)What else are you interested in besides visual arts?
9)Well for a while I loved doing home improvement. I learned to tile my balcony, change my faucet, restain my cabins, I play lots of badminton to keep in shape. and cus art usually doesn’t pay too much, I also invest in real estate.



10)Got any new projects planned?
10)Not this moment. but in Asia, a publisher is currently interested in publishing it as a childrens book. We'll see.



11)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?
11)Hmmmm.... dark, cold, fantasy yet with a fine arts edge I guess.


12)What other talent would most like to have?
12)Hmmm, I wish I could draw with my left hand. I was born left handed, but my parents changed my habit to write and draw with my right hand now.



13)What are your most beloved items?
13)My chinese goddess wooden sculpture.



14)Favourite books?
14)Hmmm I dont read that much but if you ask me bout my favorite artbook I must say its HR Giger’s Necronomicon.



15)Do you remember the first draw you made?
15)Yes, now that I look at it, they look unbelievably childish, ahahah.



16)What kind of music do you like and do you listen…And is the music important for your art…?
16)I listen to all kinds. I used to love rock in the 90s, I listen to hip hop too. If theres any kind of music that influences my art, I would say its rock. bands like Tool, Guns And rRses, even The Cure...



17)Any advice do you have for artists?
17)Yes, not much money involved in art unless your dead. If i were to do it over again, I’d do art on the side, while getting an upper management job.



18)Your contacts…E-mail….Links…
18)
http://www.davidho.com
ho@davidho.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home