The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Interview with Philippe Jusforgues

q)So, can you tell me a little about yourself? Full name, age, some background info, etc?

a) Philippe Jusforgues, 39 years old,born in Monaco, live and work in
Paris since 1992...

q)How did you get started making art?

a) Drawing

q)How would you describe your art?

a) I wouldn't

q)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a) To my drug- dealer's

q)What are you working on now?

a) I've stopped collages but I'llkeep working on family pictures

q)Are there some web sites that you would like to recomend? Artists, art communities,xxx,...!?

a) Fredericmagazine.com , for exemple...



q) What's your favorite medium to work in, and why?

a) Drawing, for his lightness

q) What advice would you give to younger up and coming artist?

a) To continue

q) What is your personal definition of life and art and everything else in between?

a) The ideal would be nothing in beetween

q) If your persona were immortalized as a cartoon character, who would it be?

a) Snoopy

q) What are your artistic influences?

a) Everything my brain digests



q) How are the reactions on your work in general?

a) Euphoria, some girls strip naked while wailing

q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

a) I drink champagne

q) Tell us about a recent dream you had.

a) I was flying above the city with my girlfriend

q) What is freedom to you as an artist?

a) No alarm clock that would spoil my flying



q) Are there any particular works you've done that stand out as your favorites?

a) In every séries I have some favorites... I'll publish my best of
when I'll be old and famous...

q) Last Books you read?

a) "Les chemins de Sion" et "Septentrion" de Louis Calaferte

q) Last records you bought?

a) Thom York and Nosfell



q) Who are your favourite artists & Your favourite galleries?

a) Diane Arbus, Twombly, Roger Ballen, Stéphane Mandelbaum, Richard
Billingham, Chapman's brothers,
Pierre la Police, Paul Mc Carthy, Hanakuma etc...More than galleries,I visit bookshops, espécially
"Un Regard Moderne", rue Gît-le coeur, à Paris.

q) Which do you think make good art good? originality, or style? And, why?

a) I think sincerity is the most important thing. It's not a
guarantee to make good art but there's not good art without it.

q)Your contacts….E-mail…Links

a) 21-pjus@noos.fr
http://philippejusforgues.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home