The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Interview with Minchi

q) Introduce yourself first please?

a)My name is Minchi. Minchi means the minced meat in Japanese.

q) Where do you live and work?

a)Hyogo, Japan

q) How did you started? How have you realized you wanted to become an artist?

a)I loved painting from the days of one's earliest recollection. Painting is everyday part of life for me.

q) What materials do you use and why?

a)I use the personal computer (Corel Painter). I tried various painting materials. As a result, I felt that the personal computer was suitable for my style most. However, I like analog feeling of the oil and the watercolor.Therefore, I draw the picture by sometimes using them.

q) Who is your biggest influence, both art and non-art related

a)I worked at the flower shop before. A mysterious color and the shape of the plant had a large influence on me. In addition, I received a big influence from the comics(manga) of Japan.

q) How do you dream up with your wacky ideas? What is your creation process?

a)All things that exist in the world are sources of the inspiration for me.I write down (draw) the thing that floats in my head in the croquis notebook. A lot of ideas are stocked in the croquis notebook. I choose the most favorite idea from among them. I only draw it.

q) What haven't you done yet that you definitely want to try someday?

a)I wants to make the theremin by oneself, and to draw the picture on it.

q) Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)It changes on each occasion though there are a lot of favorite artists.

q) How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)For about one week-one month.

q) What music, if any, do you like to have on while you're working?

a)I hear MOBY and LOU REED and France Gall well recently.

q) Do you do many art shows?

a)Only a little.

q) Tell us about a recent dream you had.
a)I remember only wonderful-looking cake. I forget about a dream content right away.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating?

a)I like reading and Internet, and often do them.
q) Do you get emotionally attached to your work and do you miss your work when it is sold?

a)No. Because most of my picture is CG and I can have the copy.

q) What new projects or exhibits are in your future?

a)I will participate in the group exhibition in spring. (in Oakland)


q) What is your favourite art related web site?

a)Awagami Factory (Japanese handmade paper) http://www.awagami.or.jp/

q) What is the strangest thing you have ever seen?

a)My home fire.

q) What is the strangest thing you have ever done?

a)I loved caterpillars and captured it a lot in childhood. However, because my mother had hated caterpillars, mother scolded me. I do not like caterpillars so much now. It might be the mother's influence.

q) any advice you can pass on to aspiring artists/designers?

a)Please change the go-it-alone mentality. But, it is important to believe one's own notion. Please keep a good balance.

q)your contacts..e-mail.links

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For the first time in my life i am so fascinated and influenced with paintings. There is something in your paintings which make me watch them again and again. That an awesome experience.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home