The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Interview with Geoff Farnsworth


q)Tell me something about yourself..What's your background...?

a)After highschool I went and got a business degree but then had an early midlife crisis and heartbreak and went to art school. Started off in Vancouver and then moved to NYC for 5 years... Then to Toronto, and now living and painting in small place up north.

q)When growing what was the greatest force pushing you towards art?

a)My mum and my sister. Mum always pushed me in this direction and my sister's example with her wonderful artwork.

q)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?

a)An art critic recently described my work as bright pop-coloured mystical portraits.That explains some of it pretty well I think.

q)What other talent would you like most to have?

a)I'd like to be able to fly and become invisible at will!


q)What's your favourite mediums to work in/on?

a)Oil paint, and when I draw I really like using regular everyday stationary pens in blue, black and red.

q)What artists influence or have influenced you(these need not be visual artists)and how have they done so?

a)Painters: Vermeer, Bacon, Klimt, Sargent, Vuillard, Degas, Odd Nerdrum, Ingres, Daniel Richter, Neo Rauch, Picasso, Bill Scharf...

q)What non-visual art interest you and does this have an impact on your art?
a)Films of all sorts and music, especially my friends' musical performances in Toronto like Delta Marsh, Sadoceanspacebear, Ivy Pallas, Mosquito Buzz Quartet.Personalities and energy of my sis and filmmaker Dave Ray...


q)What do you think about artists using the Internet as a forum for sharing their work?

a)I think the internet is a great way to see a lot of good work.But so much junk has to be filtered through to see it and there's a certain blackhole energy in being on the computer that can combat absorbing inspiration.I am trying to be on the computer less and to get in nature more.I think this is a better way to find healthy vibes most of the time.


q)What is your favourite toy,game or other artefact from your youth(and do you still own it)?

a)I still have my fist stuffed bear and baby blanket which I am going to give to our new baby on the way. :)

q)What advice can you give to other artists to help them improve

a)Their chances of survival in this global village we call our home?I'm still figuring this one out myself.But persistence and honesty go a long way, I believe.


q)…Your contacts…

a)
www.gfarnsworth.net/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home