The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Interview with AGENT X







q)Please introduce yourself and tell us something about yourself and
your background.

a)First thank you so much and I love the magazine!! My name is Agent X and I am a visual artist living in Vancouver.

q) Talk about your art.

a)My artwork is mostly experimental, multimedia collages, paintings, and 2D artwork. I describe it as ‘Pop Art with thought,’ I try to juxtaposes pop culture, technology, fashion, music, politics, and race in visually complex amalgamations expressing the anxieties of the global, post-modern world and the dark side of consumerist, media-obsessed culture. My artwork occupies a unique intersection between the aesthetics and philosophy of Futurism, the social critique of the Dada movement, and contemporary artistic movements ranging from Pop Art to Superflat.

q) What’s the central theme of your work?

a)Mostly futurism and Pop Art with thought. I love the medium of collage because I can do anything and any topic. I try to do themes that are timeless and not over used. I like it fresh. Also I like to communicate a high level of skill in the artwork. It also depends on how I feel and what statement I want to make or not. I will make pieces like "Annabel Levels" or "Ice Cream" as they are like my Norman Rockwell type of artworks or something like "Lawrence Steele Schlesinger and 2x dimebags" with a Sim card, dimebags,watercolor,oil, and magazine clippings. I never make the same thing twice. Always spontaneous with extreme execution.

q) your most beautiful dream

a)Making art & music in a world with no war or poverty.

q) your worst nightmare

a)Donald Trump President of the United States lol!

q) Best way to spend a day off?

a)Listening to music or walking in the park with my girl or watching female battle rap with my homie Pauly 

q) who, what inspires you ....

a)God,my parents 

q) books that you love….

a)Critical Thinking by Richard Paul, Italian Futurism by Walter Adamson, Decoded by Sean Carter.

q)music…artists….that you love

a)Uk grime, Kendrick,Kanye,Future,J Cole,A$AP Rocky,Joey Bada$$,Tyler the Creator and some house and jazz music.

q) What are you really excited about right now?

a)Kanye West "The Life of Pablo" and his fashion line at Adidas. Most artist can't do 2 things successfully. He is. Pretty amazing.

q)your current projects….

a)I am working with the best manager Dan Syrett at Naked Inc Artist Management in London https://www.facebook.com/NIArtistManagement/
plus I have some great things coming up with my main gallery Beautiful Crime http://www.beautifulcrime.com/shop/?category=Agent+X with the awesome Ruthie Holloway and Liam West selling my artwork and getting my artwork to big brand companies like Microsoft and others. 

q)your future projects….

a)I am selling some of my artwork for charity with ArtSmart Contemporary Gallery  http://www.artsmartcontemporary.com/#!agent-x/uygbz in London as well I have some future projects coming in the fall.

q) Where can people see more of your work on the internet? 

a)They can see my artwork at my personal gallery site at www.agentxart.com and also at my Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/agentxart/

q) Final words?

a)I would like to thank you very much for this wonderful interview and you can see what I'm up to always at www.agentxart.com  :) 

Thank you !!! 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home